The wind- and waterproof EXTREME RR GTX winter road shoes by NORTHWAVE offer best protection on cold winter days, thanks to CLIMAFLEX cuffs with very elastic GORE-TEX RATTLER membrane and insulating neoprene.
Cena katalogowa: 1320PLN
- Road bike winter shoes with CARBON LIGHT sole and fibreglass reinforcement for best power transfer
- Wind- and waterproof thanks to GORE-TEX KOALA membrane
- XFRAME construction with precise S.L.W.2 SYSTEM CLOSURE for precise adjustment
- Strategically positioned thermal coating on forefoot
- Very abrasion-proof rubber reinforcements on toes
- CLIMAFLEX cuff with very elastic GORE-TEX RATTLER membrane and insulating neoprene
- Integrated heel cap
- ARCTIC GTX footbed with four-layer aluminium and fleece construction for good insulation
- 360° reflective elements
- Compatible with road bike pedal systems using cleats with 3-bolt standard, such as: Look Delta and Keo, Shimano SPD-SL, Speedplay Light Action, Zero, X-Series (via 3-hole adapter plate), Campagnolo Pro-Fit, Mavic Zxellium, Time Iclic/Xpresso and Time Impact
- Weight: approx. 365 g (per shoe, size 42)
This sole made of carbon and nylon offers absolute lightness and very high stiffness. In combination with the NORTHWAVE adapter, this sole is also compatible with Speedplay pedals. The perfect choice for demanding cyclists.
When temperatures fall and only the toughest riders are still on the road, the top models of the NORTHWAVE collection are the perfect choice. Thanks to insulating fibres, the GORE-TEX Koala membrane, that is used for the Arctic versions of certain NORTHWAVE shoes, provides optimal protection from cold and is thus also suitable for toughest weather conditions in winter. Excellently protects from rain, wind and snow while being also extremely breathable: for permanently dry and warm feet! The outer material is easy to clean, e.g. after muddy rides.
The X-FRAME closure system guides the Speed Lacing wires in a special way so that the load is evenly distributed over the entire instep. In this way, the closure system keeps your feet firmly inside the shoes and ensures efficient power transfer as well as high comfort.
S.L.W.2 SYSTEM VERSCHLUSS:
The Speed Lace System closure provides perfect hold for the feet and is functional and quickly to use: Simply open and close the shoe with a flick of the wrist. A large dial allows for precise tensioning of the wires. The shoes can be opened at once or in steps. For gradual release, you can push the little lever at the dial and for full release, you can lift the lever.
The CLIMAFLEX collar made from soft, insulating neoprene and a highly elastic membrane feels like a sock. Therefore, it offers very good mobility and extensive weather protection as well. Without disturbing overlapping and Velcros, foot and ankle can move freely.
The core of all GORE-TEX textiles is an extremely thin, lastingly waterproof, windproof and breathable membrane. It has over 1.4 billion micropores per square centimetre. The pores of the GORE-TEX membrane are 700 times larger than a water vapour molecule so that moisture can easily escape. The volume of air that passes through one square metre of fabric in one second is 5,0 l/m²sec or less - so the membrane can be considered truly windproof. The microscopic pores are about 20 000 times smaller than a drop of water which makes the GORE-TEX membrane absolutely waterproof. The GORE-TEX RATTLER membrane comes with an upper material made from robust nylon-Lycra fabric for particularly high durability.
The four-layer aluminium and fleece construction provides particularly effective insulation and thus keeps your feet pleasantly warm. The footbed impresses with perfect insulating properties.
ROAD autumn/ winter