WaveCel - Maximum protection due to innovative helmet technology | A lightweight, breathable cycling helmet for all types of riding with the advanced protection of WaveCel technology.
WaveCel is a collapsible cellular structure that lines the inside of the helmet. This Bontrager-exclusive technology disrupts the safety standards that the industry has accepted for over 30 years.
Cena katalogowa: 660PLN
- WaveCel advanced helmet technology
- The Boa® System lets you easily secure and adjust helmet fit with just one hand
- Fidlock magnetic buckle fastens effortlessly for a quick, secure fit
- The highly ventilated design offers more airflow to keep you cool
- Soft, comfortable, moisture-wicking and washable helmet pads
- Reflective elements on the back of the helmet offer enhanced visibility to be seen
What is WaveCel?:
WaveCel is a collapsible cellular structure that lines the inside of your helmet. It works like a crumple zone that absorbs the force of an impact before it reaches your head.
It is a collapsible cellular material that is incredibly effective at preventing concussion caused by common cycling accidents. It works by going through a three-step change in material structure on impact to absorb energy before it reaches your head. A special feature is the absorption of rotational acceleration by the WaveCel material on the inside of the helmet, so that these are transferred to the skull to a much lesser extent or not at all. With conventional helmet with EPS-foam, it has not been possible so far to absorb those forces in the event of impact, which significantly increases the risk of concussions.
This Bontrager-exclusive material is the brainchild of a biomechanical engineer and an orthopaedic surgeon who wanted to solve the problem of traumatic brain injuries in active people. It is the first advanced helmet technology ever to receive funding from the US National Institute of Health.